Much helpful, basic information is available through this website. When more specialized information or guidance is needed, it’s just a phone call or email message away. If your business is considering Monroe County as a place to locate or grow, we encourage you to get in touch with us.
The Monroe County Chamber of Commerce was created to utilize the cooperative efforts of the public and private sectors in order to improve the economic welfare and to create a higher quality of life for the residents of Monroe County and the surrounding areas.
We offer these core services for site consultants, business prospects, and local businesses:
- Identify existing sites and buildings favorable for industry needs
- Serve as a liaison with the county board of supervisors, municipal leaders, and our economic development partners at the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA), Three Rivers Planning and Development District, North Mississippi Industrial Development Association, Tennessee Valley Authority, Appalachian Regional Commission, Tennessee Tombigbee Development Authority, and Itawamba Community College
- Assist in applying for grants through the MDA and other agencies
- Assist in analyzing potential local incentives and tax abatements
- Assist existing businesses and industries with their ongoing needs
- Facilitate contacts with utility companies to provide necessary services
- Work with the Itawamba Community College WIN Job Center to coordinate hiring of employees
- Collaborate with Itawamba Community College to provide worker training
Our Executive Director
William “Skip” Scaggs
- Phone: (662) 256-7194 or (662) 369-6488
- E-mail: email@example.com
Members of the Monroe County Chamber of Commerce board of directors are volunteers. The board is involved in assisting the executive director and staff in hosting public events, directing the daily activities, and assisting with the annual membership drives. The board hires the Chamber director, who in turn, is responsible for assisting in seeking out suitable industries and businesses that would like to locate in our county and in assisting existing businesses and industries with their ongoing needs.
The Monroe County Chamber of Commerce realizes that the confidentiality of a given business entity or project is vital to its future success. Our role in protecting confidential information is not taken lightly. Unless directed otherwise, by our client, any and all information is held in the confidence of our director and his assistant.