Monroe County, located in Northeast Mississippi, is halfway between and only 20 miles from Tupelo, MS and Columbus, MS. With its close proximity to Memphis, Tennessee, Birmingham, Alabama, and Jackson, Mississippi; access to large markets and transportation is quick and easy.
Monroe County is well located and poised for future economic growth due to these very important factors:
- Located on the Tennessee Tombigbee Waterway which connects the Port of Mobile and the Gulf of Mexico to the Tennessee River Valley.
- Located on the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad mainline, halfway between Memphis, Tennessee and Birmingham, Alabama.
- Offers one of the largest prospective industrial sites with water and rail transportation located on the Tennessee Tombigbee Waterway
- Close to two state universities and a community college.
- Located within 35 minutes of the Toyota Wellspring Plant
- An educated and well trained workforce
- A rural area that has not outgrown its infrastructure: schools, roads, services
- A great quality of life when compared to congested, metropolitan areas
- Very cooperative public officials that work together for the benefit of all citizens
As is reflected in the above projects they include a very diverse group of industries including: