The vision of Aberdeen School District represents a school system that recognizes its responsibilities to its constituents. Our vision captures the spirit of a district willing to step up and do the things necessary to prepare our children for a successful future.
The school board, administrators, teachers and staff hope that you will visit our website to search for specific information about our schools and the programs we offer our community.
With a professional and support staff of approximately 350 caring individuals, 1450 enthusiastic, inquisitive students, and situated on the Tennessee Tombigbee waterway in the historic town of Aberdeen, our district offers a quality education to the students enrolled in our schools.
As educators, we are reminded daily that we are grooming the minds of our future leaders, cultivating their knowledge, skills and character to ensure that they become responsible, productive citizens. It is our job to be risk-takers for the sake of our students, remembering always that to make a difference, we must make an impact.
Amory Public Schools… a college and career-ready education
An Improving ACT Composite Average
- Increased from 17.4 to 20.1 in five years ranking 12thout of 144 public school districts and is the highest of all comparable sized school districts.
- 47 students have a 25 or better. 9 of our students have a 30 or better
An Expanding Career and Technical Center
- 8 Community Partnered Programs: Metal Trades, Business Fundamentals, Health Sciences, Robotics/Engineering, Culinary Arts, Teacher Academy, Horticulture, and STEM
- Highest enrollment (273 students- 54% of the eligible student body)since the Center’s existence (1957).
- Students compete locally, regionally, and nationally.
Dual Credit/Dual Enrollment options through Itawamba Community College.
- Qualifying students can graduate high school with up to 21 hours of college credit. All students that meet the prerequisite ACT Score may take advantage of this opportunity.
A High Quality Teacher Staff
- 16 National Board Certified instructors making 13% of all district teachers.
- 35 instructors having advanced degrees making 28% of all district teachers.
A Well Rounded Education
- 86% of students participate in co-curricular activities.
- 23 Athletic Programs- A consistent top 5 ranking in the All Sports Award
- An All-Superior band program
- Various clubs and activities including a Rocket Team that has consistently placed nationally.
To learn more about Amory School District go to our website at www.amoryschools.com.
The Monroe County School District (MCSD) serves students at five school sites. Our enrollment is approximately 2500 students in grades K-12. Home campus sites include: Hamilton Attendance Center (1A approximately 750 students), Hatley Attendance Center (2A approximately 1100 students), Smithville Attendance Center (1A approximately 650 students). Off campus sites include: Monroe County Advanced Learning Center (serves students from the three high schools listed above, grades 10-12), Monroe County Vocational Center (serves students from the three high schools listed above, grades 10-12). In addition, students are also served from two neighboring
school districts. Some of the district services include but are not limited to the following: technology services, federal program services, transportation services, food services, and special education services.
“Teaching Today What Matters Tomorrow”
In a safe environment, in collaboration with parents and the community, Nettleton School District will work to ensure that each student acquires the knowledge, skills, and core values needed to become responsible and productive members of the global community.
Values and Beliefs
- We believe in safe and positive learning environments.
- We believe that all students can achieve high standards of learning.
- We believe in preparing students for success beyond high school.
- We believe that the community and family are integral parts of school and encourage involvement from both.
- We Believe in shared accountability for student success.
- Provide a safe and secure learning environment
- Maximize student achievement throughout the district
- Achieve/Maintain Financial Stability
Community College and University Overview