Gilmore Regional Medical Center – Amory
Gilmore Medical Center is a private, 95-bed healthcare facility founded by Mr. and Mrs. Ellie Davison Gilmore in 1915 and incorporated in 1916. It was the first modern medical facility in North Mississippi.
Today, Gilmore boasts of an outstanding medical staff, caring personnel, and state-of-the-art equipment, with a vision “to be the healthcare provider of choice in our region, offering a full continuum of quality patient care, from prevention through rehabilitation.
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- General/Vascular Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- 95-Bed Acute Care Facility
- 16-Bed Transitional Care Center
- 9-Bed Intensive Care Unit
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Rehab Program
- Outpatient Surgery
- Women’s Center: Birthing Suites and Proud Parents Club
- Emergency Room: 24-hour Physician Coverage and Level III Trauma Care Center
- Outpatient Pavilion: MRI Services, Mammography, Laboratory Testing/Special Diagnostics and Athletic Physicals
- Sports & Wellness Center: Competition-size Swimming Pool, Hydrotherapy Pool, Jacuzzi, Weight-training Equipment, Exercise Classes, Premiere Club member Discount
- Premiere Club: Special Services/Events Offered for Seniors, Magnolia Dining Room Discounts and Newsletter
Pioneer Community Hospital of Aberdeen
This 49-bed facility offers the community a variety of services to improve the longevity and quality of their life. Some of the special programs administered by Pioneer Community Hospital of Aberdeen are:
- Senior Care Inpatient: A short-term inpatient gero-psychiatric program to help Seniors deal with changes in health, medication or aging.
- Senior Care Intensive Outpatient: An outpatient group program where participants enjoy a daily schedule of activities, discussion groups and individual therapy to main maintain a more active life.
- Occupational Therapy: An inpatient or outpatient treatment that helps Senior with daily living skills.
- Physical Therapy: An inpatient or outpatient treatment that helps Seniors move toward recovery from illness, falls or other health problems.
- Respiratory Therapy: An inpatient or outpatient treatment for patients with breathing problems such as asthma or emphysema.
- Swing-Bed Rehabilitation: An inpatient rehabilitation program that offers individuals with therapy services and nursing care for recovery.
- Lifeline: A home monitoring emergency call system that notifies responders and emergency services such as fire, police or ambulance from the simple touch of a button.
- Short-term respite care: A service of the hospital that offers caregivers relief from the stress of 24-hour care of a loved one.
- Caregiver Support Group: Offered for family members dealing with caregiver stress.
- PACE (People with Arthritis Can Exercise): Participants join in chair exercises designed for the arthritis patient.